Tuesday 1 April 2014

Retro wheels ....

.... Hello!  It's my father-in-law's birthday in a couple of weeks and this card is for him from Kathryn.  I'm perfectly safe sharing it here now, as he won't see it before the day!

Retro Wheels - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Kanban - Retro Cars Keep on Running, Birthday Greetings
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, London Fog
Dies: Spellbinders - Petit Ovals Lg (S4-138) #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Real Red; Copics; Craftwork Cards - Sentiment Label; Cuttlebug EF - Herringbone; Silver Marker Pen

I was going through my stamps and came across this fab stamp of a sports car - just right for my FIL's card.  I stamped the image on to which card and coloured it with Copic markers; I tried to get as close to Gumball Green as I could.  I used an oval die to cut it out and ran a silver marker pen around the edge for definition.  I picked red to go with the green, colouring the car seat red and embossing the red card for texture.  I finished the front with a little oval sentiment label which I also edged with silver.  On the inside I cut a mat of red card and on the white panel stamped another sports car and a birthday greeting.

Retro Wheels inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I based the design on a few challenges - the idea of wheels is from Addicted to CAS - ATCAS#35 where the cue word is Wheels, the colours are from Dynamic Duos - DD#96 and the idea to include ovals is from CAS-ual Fridays - CFC#130.


I know that the traditional clean and simple card has lots of white space, but here my "white" space is mostly red!!!  I'm not feeling 100% today - I think I'm getting the cold bug from Jonathan.  He was very poorly yesterday with a bad fever, today he's simply shattered!!!  So I think I know where I might be soon!  Take care!

signature

9 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely mans card Deborah and I am sure Kathryn's grandad will love it.


.Anne

Annette Elliott said...

I love your masculine card! The sliver pen gives the car the right shining touches! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week! Happy Stamping!

Deepti said...

great masculine card , vintage cars are amazing :)

Ardyth said...

What I love is the little detail of the white gel pen, making it look like the whole car has just been waxed and buffed! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

stressfreestamping said...

What a great car image! I love the white gel pen lines that you added. It gives it so much character! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS. :)

RobynsRoostStamping said...

Fun card! I like the nice bright red with the gumball green.

OH Babs said...

What a great guy card.

Jingle said...

This is wonderful! I love how you added the 'shine' to the car! That looks great! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

itsallrosi said...

A perfect masculine card!

Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...