Wednesday 9 July 2014

TMR - Games ....

... Hi!  Good morning!  It's time for our new challenge at The Male Room. It looks like the sketch was a bit of a challenge last time, so hopefully this theme will be easier - I certainly think there's lots of scope here. We'd like you to make a masculine card based on the theme GAMES. As I said, lots of scope football, rugby, cricket, baseball, basketball, golf, board games, computer games, etc, etc!!!  Here's my take:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Papermania - For Love of Sport; Kanban - Sports
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Archival - Jet Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Black Card; Kanban DP - Football; Copic Markers

As many of you have realised, I like football (soccer) and have been watching the World Cup matches lately. So it is only appropriate the my first card has a football theme.  Going through my stash of papers I found some from Kanban which featured a football pitch.  I cut it out, layered it onto black card and adhered it to the front of the card.  I stamped this fab footballer onto white card and coloured him with Copics.  I guess I should have used blue as I support Chelsea, but red works so much better!  I finished the front with a simple sentiment stamped directly on the pitch.  On the inside I've cut a mat layer of black and on the white panel I added a smaller football pitch with a greeting and a couple of loose balls!

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I rather like this theme and have made a couple more cards.  This next one features dominoes and has a very vintage feel.

Vintage Game - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: CAS-ual Friday Stamps - Mum's the Word
Ink:  Distress - Antique Linen; Stampin' Up! - Early Espresso
Accessories: Cream Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - Art of Life, Pickled Pear; Black Card; Kanban - Games Toppers

I found this super vintage image of a game of dominoes in my stash. The topper started off grey and white, so to make it fit the theme, I rubbed over some Antique Linen Distress ink - I like the subtle shading. I layered the image onto some scrap patterned paper and then on some black card.  I covered the card base with more design paper - this time featuring lots of books.  I finished the card with a simple birthday sentiment.  On the inside there is a mat of design paper and a panel of cream card for my message.

Finally, I've made a card for a teenager - probably for Ben - this time I've gone for a computer games feel. I used the colours from this week's CAS - Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#81.

Game - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: PTI - Boy Basics: Game On
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Crumb Cake, Strawberry Slush; Archival - Jet Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Grey


Compared to my first couple of cards, this one is small card, 5" × 3½".  However, it's just the right size to showcase the games controller and inspirational sentiment. I stamped the background using a couple of other images from the set and used the second generation impressions so that the colour was a bit muted. I cut a mat layer of basic grey card and edged the white panel with a hint of pink to pick up the pink stamps on the card. The inside is blank for my own message.

For more inspirational project using the Games theme, check out the cards by the rest of the Design Team.  That's all for now.  See you soon.

signature

9 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow, Deborah - you have the masculine thing DOWN. Such great creations, and the soccer one is awesome and so timely! Fantastic job!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great football card -- I love the way you colored his uniform!

thanks for the heads up re my card ;)

karen h said...

Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches! Love your boy gamer card!

Vicky Hayes said...

What brilliant inspiration Deborah - I especially like that gamer boy card! Talking of games, I'm sure you saw the Brazil v Germany match? What on earth was going on there?! Vicky x

Sue - said...

Wow Deborah you have been busy! Great selection of cards!

Marybeth said...

Hi Deborah, you have been busy! Love that first card! Lots of inspiration today!

Louise van Vuren said...

Both are awesome. Your DT card for TMR is bang on with the World Cup at the moment and I love your gaming card using the colours at CC&S.

Louise xx

Deepti said...

Superb masculine cards, love them all :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

LOve that soccer card - its just the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...