Saturday 26 July 2014

WMSFC - Colours ....

..... Hello, sorry this post is a bit late, I'm not feeling very well.  It's time for our new challenge at Waltzingmouse Fanatics - we have colours for you.  For the next couple of weeks we'd like you to use our colours on your creation - you MUST USE AT LEAST THREE colours; I managed to use five on my card:

Birthday Wishes - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Folk Art Medallion, Big Day - Today
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Perfect Plum, Crumb Cake; Archival - Jet Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Bermuda Bay, Pool Party


I have to say that inspiration for this card goes to Kathy (Cherwell Leys Alpacas); her card last week reminded me of the fabulous Folk Art Medallion stamps, so I thought I'd play!  I cut a couple of mat layers in dark and light aqua and on the white panel I stamped the medallion in the centre.  It is so easy and lots of fun to stamp the medallion in colours - it looks so different each time!  I decided not to put a sentiment on the front of the card as I want the medallion to take centre stage.  On the inside I cut a mat of dark aqua, stamped an elegant birthday sentiment in the middle and finished by adding a few smaller medallions.

Birthday Wishes inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Just a few reminders about our challenge - you MUST use at least ONE WALTZINGMOUSE IMAGE, SENTIMENT OR DIGI on your project.  If you don't have any stamps - Claire has super selection of free images, sentiments and cut files - check it out here.  You have until Thursday 7th August 5.00pm BST (Noon EDT) to enter your project.  I'm really looking forward to seeing your project with our colours.  That's all for now! Bye!!

signature

3 comments:

Pauline said...

A perfect use of these beautiful colours Deborah, using this fabulous patterned wheel!

Tara Cardwell said...

Just gorgeous Deborah - the colours really sing together like this. Hope you're feeling a bit better now.
Tara
x

Jess said...

That is stunning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...