Saturday 9 August 2014

52CCT - Colours ....

.... Wow, where is this month going?  It's already time for our second challenge of the month here at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.  Our hostess, Gill, has picked some wonderful colours for us to play with - she wants us to use WHITE, CREAM, GOLD AND SILVER on our cards.  I ended up making two cards:

Candles - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Christmas Messages
Inks: Archival - Jet Black; SU - Early Espresso
Dies: Memory Box - Tall Taper Candle
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Cream Lustre Card; Gold and Silver Mirri Card; Gold and Silver Peeloffs


I used my new candle die for the cards - it's perfect for the inlaid die cut method.  I ended up cutting out four candles - one white, one cream, one silver and one gold.  I would have had four cards, but the silver and gold candles didn't work out!  I cut out the candle on each card and then had lots of fun putting the pieces back.  I've a cream candle, silver ribbon and gold border on the white card and on the cream card, it's a white candle, gold ribbon and silver border.  I added some ornate corners to finish the fronts.  On the inside I stamped a simple sentiment.  I've only shown the inside of the cream card.

Candles inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

 For more inspiration using our wonderfully elegant colour scheme, do visit the blog to see what the rest of the team have made.  I'm looking forward to seeing your creations - have fun!

signature

7 comments:

Mynn xx said...

These are AWESOME, Deb! LOVE the beautiful use of metallic paper and those beautiful inlaid candles! Have a great trip! Mynn xx

Louise van Vuren said...

That is a gorgeous die, I saw it at a craft show at the weekend and was very tempted, but I had spent so much already! Love that you made the two cards, great to use up all the pieces from your die cuts! Such classically elegant Christmas cards, love them!
Louise xx

Fabiola said...

j'adore Deborah, très chic et pleines d'élégance tout en restant très sobre, biz

Patricia H. said...

The way you've pieced together the die cuts gives your cards a sleek look. Very cool!

Ruth M said...

Such a clean and elegant design Deborah, your candles are very classy indeed! My friend treated me to a Memory Box candles die a little while back and I haven't used it yet - I'm itching to have a go now I've seen your cards!
Ruth x

Jacqueline said...

What a clever way to use peeloffs - they are both beautiful - Jacqueline xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Really love these cards Deborah - such simple elegance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...