Wednesday 3 September 2014

TMR - Autumn/Fall ....

.... Hello everyone - I'm almost back into my usual routine!!  Especially now that Kathryn is back at school.  Can you believe it's September already?  I've noticed that some of the trees and bushes around my house are starting to change colour - it's almost autumn!!  And that brings me to our new challenge at The Male Room.  For the next couple of weeks we'd like you to make a masculine style card based on an Autumn/Fall theme.  Here's my card:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Gently Falling, And Many More
Inks: Distress - Chipped Sapphire, Stormy Sky, Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Dried Marigold, Rusty Hinge
Accessories: White Lustre Card


I've made a clean, simple. one layer card.  One of my favourite things about autumn is the way the leaves change colour, fall from the trees and then blow around in the wind.  I tried to get that feeling in this card.  I used masking tape to cover most of the card and sponged several shades of ink on the strip.  Then I sprinkled some water on the distress ink allowed it to react with the ink and then lifted some off with a tissue - I like the spatter effect I got.  Next I stamped on a very simple birthday sentiment and some falling leaves, stamping the outline image in darker ink and the solid image in lighter ink.  On the inside I simply stamped some random leaves.  I used the colours from this month's House of Card challenge and the theme of lovely leaves from the current Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

For more Autumn/Fall masculine inspired cards check out our blog to see the cards from the rest of the Design Team. That's all for now - have fun!

signature

17 comments:

Rocky said...

I love this CAS card, great idea and perfect for the challenge.

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh wow! This is absolutely gorgeous Deborah - it almost glows! Hope I get time to join in with this challenge as it's right up my street! Vicky x

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous :) love the colors and fab inking !

Vicki Dutcher said...

So very pretty! Love the watermarking too

Susan (rainy) said...

Beautiful card. And the leaves do look like they are blowing in the wind!

Mynn xx said...

Hi, Deb! LOVE this fun card--the water splatter really adds some fabulous texture! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I love the way the sprinkling of water added that extra special something to your background. You've arranged those leaves so artfully too :)

Have a fabulous and crafty day!
Amber
Staying Crafty
Stampin On Stuff

donna mikasa said...

So pretty! Well "handsome", for a masculine card! I like the movement of your leaves, too.

Donna Nuce said...

Beautiful card Deborah. I love the distressed ink background you created. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards challenge blog.

Jacqueline said...

This is stunning Deborah - love the splodgy background and your sketchy leaves are gorgeous. Perfect for Fall - J xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Just gorgeous, Deborah! I like those shadows you created and of course the splatters!

cohenna said...

Beautiful CAS card. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards!

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful! I love the splatter effect in the background! Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call!

sue t. said...

What a beautiful CAS fall card. Thanks for joining us this month at the House of Cards!

Toni said...

really lovely--I think this would work for both men and women--love that!

Vannessa said...

Lovely card. Thank you so much for joining in the House of Cards Challenge this time.

Hugs, Vannessa
HOC DT

Nancy Seed said...

Very nicely done. Love just the little hint of the blue to set the card off. Great job. Thanks for sharing your talent with us this month at HOC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...