Saturday 6 September 2014

WMSFC - Theme Birthday/Anniversary ....

.... Hello again!  I'm back with my card for our challenge at Waltzingmouse Fanatics.  Our challenge is ONE YEAR OLD today!!!  Happy Birthday to us.  With it being our 1st Anniversary, we thought that we'd keep the theme simple, so we'd like to see your creations using at least one Waltzingmouse image, sentiment or digi on the theme:

BIRTHDAY/ANNIVERSARY

I decided to make a bright and cheerful birthday card - here it is:

Birthday Wishes - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Compact Sentiments, Dainty Doilies 2 Small, Happy Hello Thanks
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Archival - Jet Black; Stampin' Up! - Melon Mambo
Dies: Waltzingmouse - Picot Panel
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Pumpkin Pie; SU DP - Daffodil Delight; Copic Markers; Glitter


I used a couple of other challenges in the making of this card.  I used the colours from Colour Throwdown - CTD#308 (they are just fab) and I used the layout from Freshly Mades Sketches - FMS#152.  I decided to play with the new Picot Panel die and make the sentiment the main focus of the card.  I cut the backing panel in orange and used Claire's tip to make sure that the frame stayed attached.  Then I die cut a piece of yellow design paper and stamped the sentiment in the centre.  I didn't keep any of the little orange or yellow dots, instead I filled the holes with pink glitter (which you can just about see in the photo) - it adheres to the cellotape on the back of the orange mat layer.  I made the horizontal panel using the same colours, but a different design paper.  I felt the card was a bit bare so I added the lovely lace doily above the horizontal panel and coloured it with Copic markers.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of yellow design paper and on the white panel I added sme fancy corners, coloured to match the front of the card and stamped a bold sentiment.  I used the new Happy Hello Thanks set - love the font.  I stamped the big happy once and then again slightly offset to create a shadow and then added the birthday.  Done!

Birthday Wishes inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For this challenge we are joined by our special Guest Designer - Jeanne Jachna (A Kept Life).  Like Tara and I, Jeanne is a big Waltzingmouse Stamps fan as well as being on Claire's Design Team.  Jeanne is offering a fabulous prize for the winner of this challenge - a set of Fine Feathers stamps AND the matching dies!!!  How great is that? 


Don't forget to visit Tara and Jeanne for more inspiration cards.  Just a quick reminder that your project MUST include at least one Waltzingmouse stamp, sentiment or digi image (or freebie).  You have until Thursday 18th September 10.00pm GMT (6.00pm EDT) to submit your creations.  If you know other Waltzingmouse fans - tell them about the challenge - have fun!!!  See you soon.

signature

11 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Love your card!! This WMS image looks wo derful with the colors!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!

Deepti said...

This is awesome :)

Tenia Nelson said...

What a super PRETTY card!

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Deborah, love the colours.

Donna x

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

pretty card and love that colour combo. Guaranteed to put a smile one someone's face.
Caroline xxx

Karren said...

This is beautiful! I love, love the die-cut sentiment panel! Great card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Wanda Cullen said...

These happy colors are so perfect for a birthday card! Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

Joan Ervin said...

You have used the CTD colors beautifully...I love this fabulous design!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!!!!

Barb Ghig said...

Two really pretty cards, Deborah! I love the color combo, and how you stamped the sentiment on the 2nd one...such a lovely effect!

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful coloring on your lace doily Deborah and the picot die looks so pretty cut from DP!

Carola said...

Deborah, that's a very pretty card and I like the fresh colours very much. And I like how you added the lace doily.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...