Tuesday 21 October 2014

Beauty and the Beast ....

.... Good morning!  Today's card is based on the story of Beauty and the Beast - and many of use will have seen the Disney movie too!  At the heart of the story is the fact that love overcomes all.

Beauty & The Beast - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Belle et Bete; Waltzingmouse - Frosty in the Meadow, All Hallows Eve; Winnie & Walter - The Big, The Bold and The Happy
Inks: Memento - Grey Flannel; Distress - Evergreen Bough, Iced Spruce, Chipped Sapphire; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Black; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear


I'm submitting this card to the Progressive Challenge Part II over at Sparkle and Glitter.  It's the final part of the challenge and we have all been given this fabulous digi - Belle et Bete to use on our projects.  It's a cute image, but with a bit of edge.  I used the colours from last week's Colour Q - cQc#263 for Belle's dress and for the Beast, and I created the forest background using Waltzingmouse stamps.  I had so much fun colouring this image and I'm really pleased with the way Belle's dress came out (yellow, like in the movie).  On the inside I've put a mat layer of black card and on the white panel is a tiny cottage in the woods.  I've also put a close up photo of Belle's dress showing the sparkle!!

Beauty & The Beast detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Beauty & The Beast inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

That's it for now - I can't put off the ironing any longer!  I'm going to have a marathon Walking Dead session while I do the ironing and then it's on to more boring housework stuff!  See you soon.

signature

3 comments:

Monique's art said...

Love the spatkle. Very pretty. Thanks for playing at sng

Pauline said...

Fabulous Deborah! I'm still working on mine, I must crack on! Love the sparkle on her dress!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

What a terrific card. Love the background you created and that gorgeous sparkle.
Caroline xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...