Wednesday 22 October 2014

Non-traditional Christmas ....

....  Hi!  Good morning!  I'm feel quite pleased with myself - I got all the ironing done yesterday - sadly I also started a new pile!!!  Never mind, I was able to play in my craft room too.  I've a VERY non-traditional Christmas card to share with you this morning:

Open on the 25th - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Do Not Open Til Creepmas; Waltzingmouse - Ornate Ornaments; Stampin' Up! - Endless Wishes
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; SU - Wisteria Wonder, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo, Pistachio Pudding
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Black; Kaisercraft DP - Kaleidoscope; Copic Markers; SU Marker - Black


Lori, over at Merry Monday - MM#131 is a traditional gal, but she's picked non-traditional colours as the theme for this week's challenge.  I hope she likes this card, not only is it non-traditional colours, but it's a VERY non-traditional style.  I've gone for a fun, silly and slightly darker card!!  I covered the card base with some design paper - a very grungy look, a bit like the corner of a room.  I printed the stack of presents on white card, coloured them with Copic markers and then cut them out.  I edged the image with black marker and then adhered it directly to the card base.  I stamped the words randomly around the parcels - I like the one that says "Open me first" - right by the big purple box with very sharp teeth :))  On the inside I cut a mat layer in black card and then stamped a Christmas sentiment in funky colours and added a few snowflakes!!

Open on the 25th inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I had lots of fun with this card!  The image is fab and I think I know a teenage boy who will really appreciate this one!  That's all for now.  See you soon.

signature

5 comments:

Pauline said...

Brilliant Deborah, i love the cool background too! Such a fun image, I must have it too lol!!

cdoggett01@yahoo.com said...

O.M.Goodness!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that digi!!! How cute! Most people I know act like those packages anyways!! LOL Wonderful card!! TFS!

Bonnie said...

LOL, this certainly is non-traditional and so Rick St. Dennis, Deborah! Great job coloring these packages! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Brenda said...

What a great image, beautifully colored. Definitely a shoe in for nontraditional!

Susan Joyce said...

Love your take on the challenge this week Deborah, such a fun and fab card using the non-traditional colours. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...