Saturday 15 November 2014

52CCT - Theme ...

.... Hello.  It's the middle of November - only five more Saturdays to go before Christmas!!  Oh, that sounds really close now :)))  I think I'd better tell you about our challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.  This week we have a theme challenge and Jacqueline has asked us to make a Christmas Window, here's my take:

Warm Winter Wishes - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Flurries, Frosty in the Meadow, Elf Made
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Old Olive
Dies: Poppy Stamps - Grand Gothic Arch; Lawn Fawn - Stitched Hillside Borders
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Smoky Slate; Anita's DP - Classic Blue Christmas; Clear Embossing Powder; SU Markers - Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso; Glitter and sequins; Acetate


I've seen shaker cards all over the Internet for the last few weeks, so I thought I'd make my Christmas window a shaker card.  I cut a panel of white card slightly smaller than the base and cut out the window shape (I've kept the white window frame for use later).  I put the panel onto the card base and lightly traced round the inside of the window frame.  I also cut a frame in grey which I attached to the white panel with double sided tape.  I cut a piece of acetate larger than the window and attached it to the tape.  I cut some snowy design paper to size and adhered it to the card base and stamped the trees.  On white card I stamped the little house, embossed with clear powder, cut it out and coloured the windows and doors.  I adhered this flat to the card.  Next I cut a white hill and adhered that flat.  I finished off with a large tree right in the foreground.  I put dimensional tape all the way round the stamped image (making sure there were no gaps) and finished by adding some glitter and sequins.  I put some dimensional tape at the corners of the window panel and a placed it on top of the foam ring.  And the shaker card works!!!! Yea!  On the inside I cut a mat layer of grey and stamped some more trees and a sentiment on the white panel.  Here's a close up of the window - you can really see the sparkle and shimmer of the glitter and sequins.

Warm Winter Wishes inside- photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsWarm Winter Wishes detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Don't forget to visit the blog to see what the rest of the team have made using the theme Christmas Window.  And a reminder that we're still running our DT Call - you need to play along with all the challenge this month, simply add the initial DT after your name when you link up!  That's it for now.

signature

14 comments:

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Wow Deborah, this card is absolutely gorgeous!

Fabiola said...

Deborah; c'est tellement élégant, magnifique fenêtre, très joli paysage, biz

Ardyth said...

OK, I'm casing both the front and inside of this one - I have that die and never thought to use it like this! Gorgeous! I also have those WM trees and they look fab!Enjoy your time with Ben and Sophie! Hope they brought you some Thornton's Chocolate-smothered special toffee and if you don't like it, you know where to send it!

Susan said...

What a GORGEOUS card! I might just have to make a shaker card now!!

Louise van Vuren said...

Oh, it's a shaker card! I already thought it was gorgeous. I like the mix of traditional and contemporary.Fab DT card Deborah

Louise xx

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Deborah, this is fantastic! You built a picturesque winter landscape and created a shaker card! Wow!

Vicky Hayes said...

Goodness me Deborah, this beautiful card definitely has the WOW factor! Love the idea of a sparkly, glittery shaker card window scene! Vicky x

Jacqueline said...

Totally gorgeous, I made a shaker card too - great minds think alike - Jacqueline xx

Margaret said...

Absolutely gorgeous Deborah.
hugs
Margaret M

Karin said...

Fantastic card Deborah!!

Patricia Hays said...

The shaker card was a clever idea for the window! The pastel color scheme and the glitter give your card just the right frosty feel.

Unknown said...

Awww, sweet! I totally love your card! I am so much fond of handmade Christmas greetings and I am trying to keep all of my cards for my family personalized. I wish I could be as good as you. That's lovely. Have a great and happy holidays!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful Deborah. I love the window die cut - very classy, and how gorgeous to make it a shaker card too! A really wonderful card - love it. Hugs, Gill xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Wow Deborah! I'm nearly speechless over how gorgeous and fascinating this card is. Awesome idea and truly FAB make!! Hugs D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...