Monday 17 November 2014

Be Merry ....

....  Morning all!  I've another Christmas card to share with you this morning.  I need to make lots of Christmas cards to post to family and friends in the UK and I'm almost there!  This is good, as the last posting date for the UK is 9th December and we have got to get all the cards written and stamped before then!  This is a really simple card:

Merry - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Seasonally Scattered
Inks: Versamark; Distress - Peacock Feathers, Broken China, Tumbled Glass
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Clear Embossing Powder; Martha Stewart Punch -Snowflake; Glitter Paper; Doodlebug - Lily White Dots


I'm submitting this to the Fusion Challenge - FUSION#22 where you can take inspiration from the photo, use the sketch or both.  I've taken inspiration from the photo.  I stamped the word Merry in the centre of the card, embossed it with clear powder and then shaded with several shades of blue ink.  I love the way the word pops out.  I adhered the panel directly to the card base and added a few punched snowflakes and enamel dots.   On the inside I've a mat in turquoise and a plain white panel for my own greeting.

Merry Sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

That's all for now!

signature

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

You have picked up the colors and lacy look of that cake beautifully!

Jeanne J. said...

Beautiful card Deborah! I love the background and all the pretty snowflakes... better to embrace it right? LOL!

Kelly Griglione said...

Oooh, such a nice contrast with your white embossing and that dreamy blue background. Great card! Thanks for joining the Fusion Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...