Sunday 9 November 2014

Best Buds ....

... Good morning!  Here's a card that I made yesterday, and it's not a Christmas card!!

Best Buds - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: MFT - PI  Little Gardener
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies: Lil Inkers - Stitched Rectangles #3
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Poppy Parade; SU DP - Lucky Limeade; Copic Markers; Cuttlebug EF - Floral Fantasy; SU Circle Punches - 1" and 1¼"


I've been making so many Christmas cards recently that I thought it was time to make something a little different.  I used the sketch from My Favourite Things Wednesday Sketch Club - MFTWSC#201 for the layout and the colours are from Colour Q - cQc#266.  The colours could be used for a Christmas card, but I've made a card for a friend in the UK.  I stamped the image, coloured it with Copic markers and cut it out with a die.  I used the same die to cut another panel in lime green paper.  I decided to add some texture by embossing the white panel with a floral pattern to match the theme and layered it onto red card.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of green design paper and added a sentiment.

Best Buds sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsBest Buds inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I've been really busy in my craft room working on cards for upcoming design team posts - I plan to have all the cards made and the post scheduled so that I'm free to spend time with Ben when he arrives next Saturday!  I'm so excited!!  We all went to the cinema yesterday to see the new Disney movie Big Hero 6 - it was absolutely fabulous!  By turns funny, moving, sad and full of action packed fun - it's a great family film.  Both Kathryn and I were in tears a couple of times.  I highly recommend it.  That's all for now - I'm off back to my craft room to finish of a few more cards.  See you soon.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

signature

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Such a cute card, Deborah, I love the embossed background and the image is so cute! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

Claire said...

This is so sweet Deborah - so love the sentiment...may have to use that one on a scrapbook page (when I get around to doing one!) Thanks for playing along at Colour Q this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...