Tuesday 11 November 2014

Creepmas Birthday Party Lights ...

.... Good morning all!  I think you all know by now that I like to mix up stamps and images and create something a bit different.  Well, here's a birthday card with a twist: 

It's a Party - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: RSD Digi - Creepmas Tree Lights; Waltzingmouse - USA 1776, Putting on the Ritz
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Bermuda Bay; Kaisercraft DP - Violet Crush; Copic Markers


I got this super little guy a little while ago but couldn't decide what to do with him.  I printed him on white card, coloured him with Copic markers and fussy cut him out.  I came across the new challenge at Left of Centre - LOC#53 where the theme is fireworks/celebration and I decided to make a birthday card with party lights, fireworks and that gremlin causing trouble!  The layout is based on this week's sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch! - CTS#99.  I cut a strip of design paper to go down the side of the card, I like the elegant damask pattern, sort of like wallpaper!  Then I stamped some fireworks exploding in the background, added my little gremlin wrapped in lights and finished with a sentiment.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of teal card and stamped more fireworks and a birthday greeting on the white card.

It's a Party inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsIt's a Party sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

One of the things I really like about Rick's images is that even the scary monsters are kinda cute!  On this card the monster is just a tiny bit scary - the bright colours and birthday theme make him sweet.  But if I decided to make him really scary I'd just need change up the background.  You can get this image (and many others) at Rick's Zibbet store - check it out and have fun!

I've got a really busy day lined up - a trip to the hair dresser, to the shops for new pillows and then the supermarket for food.  Oh yes, there's washing and ironing too!  Bye for now - see you soon.

signature

4 comments:

Darnell said...

Ah, still waters run deep, don't they Deborah! Your card is spectacular! I'd love to go to a party with you!! Hugs, Darnell

Michelle said...

Haha! That scary monster IS kind of cute! And he makes me laugh. :-)

Leigh Penner said...

Fun take on the sketch!

KristyLee said...

Deborah,
Loving how you created your fire works, brilliant! Nice coloring on RSD's monster. Turned out great.
Thank you for entering (LOC) Left of Center Creative Challenges.
Peace,
Kristy
(LOC DT)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...