Friday 14 November 2014

Dazzling Snowflake ....

... and no, I don't mean the ones outside on the roof tops!!!  I have a very clean, simple and elegant Christmas card to share with you this morning.

Winter Wonderland - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Winnie & Walter - Winter Wonderland
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Memory Box - Dazzling Snowflake
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Silver Holographic Card


I'm submitting this card to CASology - CAS#121 where the cue word is Festive.  It's been a while since I played along, but I just had to with this week.  I think the card is so festive and so elegant.  It's super easy to make.  I positioned the die on the front of the card, cut out the flake backed the inside with holographic card and finished with a simple sentiment.  I used the same holographic card to make the mat layer and stamped a simple greeting on the white panel.  Also below is a close up photo of the snowflake where you can see the shimmer and the rainbow effect on the holographic paper.

Winter Wonderland inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsWinter Wonderland detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems


Winter Wonderland sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I've almost made enough cards for this year, but as this one is so easy to make and is absolutely flat (so easy to go in the post), I think I'll be making a few more but with the snowflake in different colours.

You might not see me around for a while as Ben arrives tomorrow and I plan on spending lots of time with him and his girlfriend.  They are going to find it much colder than the UK, but I think they'll enjoy themselves.  I've got lots of posts scheduled - so please drop by tomorrow and check out my card for the new challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.  See you soon.

signature

7 comments:

Jane said...

Oh I am absolutely totally in love with this card! Perfection!

Ardyth said...

This is magical! I love how it looks! So glad you joined us at CASology this week, Deborah!

Judy1223 said...

Wow, Deborah, this is beautiful and so CAS and easy, too! Love this design! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Melissa said...

Absolutely. Gorgeous. :)
Thank you so much for sharing with us over at CASology!

Gillian R said...

Oh wow, so stunning and gorgeouus.Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

Joyce said...

Wow--this is so pretty. And, CAS too! Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Jen W. said...

Deborah, this is an absolute stunner! I love that holographic paper! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...