Monday 3 November 2014

Elf made ....

.... Good morning!  The clocks went back at the weekend and I really hoped that I'd sleep in on Sunday.  I woke at 7.15am - great result, sadly, that was old time and it was actually 6.15am!  The one thing I really hate about going back to winter time is the dark evenings - ugh!  Anyway, enough of that, I've got a fun Christmas card to share with you today:

Elf Made - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Elf Made, Flurries
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Grey Flannel; Stampin' Up! - Lucky Limeade, Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Wisteria Wonder
Dies: WMS - Stitched Tag #1 and #2
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Bermuda Bay; Copic Markers; Cuttlebug EF - Ice Crystals; Glitter; Sequins

WMSFC#30 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I've used the sketch from this week's CAS(E) this Sketch - CTS#98 for the layout, but I've turned it through 90° to make a portrait style card.  I used the colours from our Waltzingmouse Fanatics challenge - WMSFC#30, and I was going to submit it to Less is More, but I just realised that it has some green in it!!  As there's a tag on this card, I'm also submitting it to the current Addicted to CAS - ATCAS#51 challenge where the cue word is Tag!  I embossed the background with ice crystals and adhered the panels directly to the card.  I stamped the little elf girl (my new Waltzingmouse set) on white card, coloured her with Copic markers, then cut her out and attached her with dimensional gel.  She actually has a bell on her hat and is holding mistletoe, but it's tough to cut around them so I cut them off!  I die cut the tag and stamped on the details, and then layered it onto a smaller turquoise tag.  I finished the front with some sequins.  On the inside is a mat layer of turquoise card and on the white panel a greeting and another elf girl.

Elf Made inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsElf Made sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

That's it for now - see you soon.

signature

7 comments:

Joyce said...

This is so adorable and really well done. I like how you have finished the inside, too. Looks really great in that soft grey with just a splash of color.

sandie said...

Great use of the sketch and fab colouring, the added glitter sure says XMas! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS

Happy Dance said...

How cute is this??!! Love that embossed background and your elf coloring is awesome. Love the little elf made tag too. Really sweet card. Bev

Tracey McNeely said...

Deborah that image is just too sweet! Love the tag image too!

OH Babs said...

What a cute image. The Santa's workshop tage is a nice addition to the card.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, so fun! Super sweet take on the sketch!

Harriet Skelly said...

Deborah this is so adorable! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...