Saturday 15 November 2014

RSD EDT - Progressive Challenge ....

...  Hello all!  Welcome to Part I - Take II of the November Progressive Challenge.  Part I of the Progressive Challenge has an Anything Goes theme - you can make anything you like so long as you use a Rick St Dennis image.  You can get your images from either Rick's Zibbet or Esty shops - there's a huge selection ranging from cute to scary!  Here's my card:

Dia De Los Muertos - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: RSD Digi - Mexican Clown Troupe; Sweet Stamp Shop - Dia De Los Muertos
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - Violet Crush; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear

I was lucky enough to win this image of the Mexican Clown Troupe earlier this year and I had such fun colouring it in.  The Day of the Dead (Dia De Los Muertos) is a Mexican holiday celebrated on1st and 2nd November, when families gather to celebrate and remember departed family members.  Traditionally, the 1st is known as the Day of Innocents when babies and children are remembered and the 2nd is the Day of the Dead.  Although it is always very sad to lose a family member, I really like this Mexican tradition to celebrate the living memories of the loved ones that have passed on.  It is a loud, bright and fun festival.  I think it's a wonderful way of allowing children to learn that death is a natural part of life and nothing to be scared of.

I covered the base of the card with beautiful black paper which really allows the brightly coloured image to pop.  I printed the image twice on to white card and coloured them with Copic markers.  I cut out the orange and blue clowns and layered them up to give a bit of dimension.  I finished the front with a simple scroll.  On the inside I cut another piece of design paper for a mat layer and added some roses, a candle and a tiny coffin.

Dia De Los Muertos inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Check out the blog to what the rest of the design team have come up with for the Progressive Challenge.  Part II of the Challenge uses a special digi image that you will get from Rick, but  you have to link up your project for the first part here.  Have fun!

signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...