Thursday 20 November 2014

SNG - Birthday Glamour ....

.... Hello.  I'd like to share an elegant birthday card with you today.  The layout is quite clean and simple, but it's not CAS as the background is a piece of gorgeous design paper:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Deborah Hat Lady; Stampin' Up! - Perfectly Penned; Uniko Studio - Round in Circles
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Spellbinders - Petit Ovals Sm (S4-140) #6, Scalloped Petit Ovals Sm (S4-141) #6
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Real Red; Kaisercraft DP - Kaleidoscope; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear

Rick has drawn a whole series of wonderfully elegant Hat Ladies, they can be found on his Zibbet shop, and I have several in my collection.  I had to play with this one - she's got my name (and I know she was drawn for one of Rick's friends, but it had to be).  I printed the image onto white card and coloured her with Copic markers using my favourite colour, green, for her hat and then I had to do the gems red - they are, after all, rubies!!!  I coloured the fur to suggest a silver fox (not real) collar.  I added some shimmer to the gems in her hat, the necklace and collar.  I cut the image out with a die and layered her onto some red card.  I finished the front with this fabulous paper and stamped a simple, elegant birthday greeting.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of red card, added a strip of the green design paper and finished with white card on top.  I simply added some decoration, there's lots of space for my message.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I had such fun colouring this image and I'll be making more elegant Hat Lady cards in the future. 

I'm busy enjoying spending time with my son, Ben, and his girlfriend, Sophie.  It's so nice having them to stay with us for a while, such a shame it's so cold!  But that's Michigan!  That's all for now.  See you soon.

signature

1 comment:

Pauline said...

She's a beaut and no mistake!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...