Tuesday 18 November 2014

Snowflake Blues ...

... Good morning from a bitterly cold, but bright, Northville.  The arctic blast has really arrived in Michigan now - my friend in Kalamazoo has a snow day, sadly we don't have that here and Kathryn had to go to school!  Still the cold has put me in the mood to make another Christmas card:

Merry Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko Studio - The Hands of Time; Stampin' Up! - Sassy Salutations; Waltzingmouse - Elf Made
Inks: SU - Brocade Blue; Distress - Shaded Lilac; Versamark; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Uniko Studio - Snowflakes
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Blue Glitter Paper; Vellum; Clear Embossing Powder


I'm submitting this to the new Uniko Studio Challenge - USC#16, they've changed the rules a bit - you don't have to use Uniko Studio stamps anymore (although they'd love it if you do) on your project.  The theme for the new challenge is Anything Goes or Anything Goes with their sketch.  I used the sketch.  I stamped the large stamp in Versmark, heat embossed with clear powder and then inked over with lilac.  I then stamped a selection of smaller snowflakes over the card, added a greeting stamped on vellum and finished with a large blue glitter die cut snowflake.  I layered the white panel on blue glitter paper.  On the inside is a mat layer of blue glitter and on the white panel a Christmas greeting and more snowflakes.

Merry Chirstmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsMerry Chirstmas sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I have to say that this came together really quickly!  While we have the sun shining at the moment and no snow, the forecast is for snowy squalls blowing in this afternoon.


A quick screen shot from the weather forecast earlier this morning.  I'm not really complaining, we haven't got it half as bad as many in the States - some areas have had over 3 feet of snow overnight, and we're no where near that.

I think Ben and Sophie are finding the temperatures something of a shock.  I took them out yesterday and the walk between car and shop was a shock every time we did it!  Both the kids smoke and have to go outside if they want a cigarette, I have to say that if I were them, I'd definitely be thinking of giving up!!  Not sure what our plans are for today - maybe a quick trip to Northville before the snow arrives.  That's it for now - see you soon.


signature

10 comments:

sandie said...

Great to see you at Uniko and this card is a fabulois design Deborah, I love the blue glitter, way to showcase these stamps. Thanks for sharing with is at Uniko x

Tracey McNeely said...

So beautiful Deborah!

Beverley said...

WOW! Firstly I love your colour choice and secondly I LOVE the sparkly snowflake and the stamped doilies, such a wonderful combination :) Thanks SO much for joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

Bonnie said...

What a pretty blue snowflake!

Pauline said...

Fab card Deb, love the inside too!

Jacqueline said...

What a gorgeous card but reading your post has made me feel soooo chilly - I'm off to have a hot cup of tea! - Jacqueline xx

Gillian R said...

Wow. What a striking card. A great effect. Thank you so much for joining in the uniko challenge this month

*Vicki* said...

So gorgeous!! I really love your sparkly snowflake!! :) HUGS

Anita in France said...

Just gorgeous, Deborah ... the glittery snowflake is fabulous against the delicate stamping ... love the blue! Anita :)

Nicki S said...

Great card Deborah! Love the blue sparkles! The layering is so creative. Great work :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...