Wednesday 12 November 2014

TMR - Time ....

.... Hello!  Can you believe how fast time is passing at the moment?  It's already time for our new challenge at The Male Room.  For the next couple of weeks we'd like to see your masculine styled projects with the theme of TIME.  Here's my take:

Time Flies - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Aurora Wings Digi - Steampunk Owl; PTI - Hands of Time; Uniko Studio - Time, Extra Time;p Stampin' Up! - Circle Circus, Delightful Decorations
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Grey Flannel; SU - Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Crushed Curry; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Spellbinders - Circles Sm (S4-116) #5
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Crushed Curry; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder

The inspiration for this card comes from a few places.  The phrase "time flies" suggested a bird and I found this super steampunk owl.  And then there's the opening credits for Dr Who, I absolutely love them with the cogs, roman numerals and the whole theme of time!  I've added a link at the end of this post to the credits.

I started off by drawing a pencil line down the centre of the card and used my stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the dotty circles.  Most of the images are second generation with just a few using the first impression.  Then I randomly stamped clock faces, roman numerals and yellow dotty circles. I coloured the owl with Copic markers and fussy cut it out.  I stamped the main clock face on white card, coloured it to match the owl and cut it out with a circle die.  I stamped the hands in Versafine and embossed with clear powder.  I adhered the clock flat to the card base and attached the owl with dimensional tape.  The sentiment was made from a couple of stamps - I used the large fancy word "Time" from the Papertrey set and finished it off with the rest of the phrase from my Uniko set.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of yellow card and stamped some circles on the white card.

Time Flies inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspiration using our Time theme - check out the blog and see what the rest of the team have made.  Now, as promised here's the link to the opening credits for Dr Who - enjoy!  See you soon.



signature

9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

I love the colors you used and that owl is awesome!

Rocky said...

This is gorgeous, I love the owl and the colours are so cheerful. Great card.

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic card Deb! That owl is stunning! Meredith LOVES Dr Who!! She's catching up on a couple of episodes right now!!! :) Have a great week!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Deborah, this is one of the BEST masculine cards I have EVER seen!! LOVE it, I am inspired to play along if I can grab some time!!!! Just grabeed me in the gallery it did, great job !!!

Deepti said...

Cool design :)

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

This card is stunning! Loving the colors and the background paper you created. Fabulous job!

Louise van Vuren said...

Time certainly does fly, ...sorry I'm late commenting on this awesome card. I can see the Dr Who influences and love that owl image. Your stamping is perfection (I love my Stamp-a-ma-jig too)
Louise xx

Jacqueline said...

Wow - this is one cool card, love it - Jacqueline xx

Sue - said...

Love your card! Especially the colours you've used.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...