Saturday 1 November 2014

WMSFC - Colours ....

....  Hello again.  I'm back with my card for our Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge - WMSFC#30 - we have a colour challenge for you.  Here's my take:

Hello - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Pic-Nic Patterns, Offbeat Backgrounds, Sewing Box Hugs, Spring Baskets; Stampin' Up! - Endless Birthday Wishes
Inks: SU - Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade, Concord Crush; Memento - Tuxedo Black, Grey Flannel
Dies: Spellbinders - Squares Lg (S4-126) #3, Squares Sm (S4-128) #3
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Lucky Limeade, Bermuda Bay; SU DP - Melon Mambo, Wisteria Wonder; Copic Markers


Our colours this week are teal, lilac, bright pink, lime green and purple - you don't have to use them all, but I managed!!  I used the sketch from this week's Mojo Monday - MOJO#369; it's been ages since I played along with them.  I used the dimension they provided, 5½" × 7" and score at 3½" to make a 5½" × 3½" card (still fits an A2 envelope).  I didn't want a solid purple, so I made my own paper by stamping the polka dots in purple and then stamping the flower on top.  I stamped the flower several times and fussy cut to get the layers I needed.  As I need to send this through the post, I kept the flowers flat.  I die cut some square to layer behind each flower.  I stamped the trellis pattern in pink and used that behind the squares.  I finished the front with a stamped stripe, paper bow and simple sentiment.  On the inside I cut a mat layer in Melon Mambo design paper and a white panel for my message.

Hello - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems
For more inspiration with our fun and bright colours, check out the blog to see what Tara and Kathy have made.  Hopefully, you'll have more fun with this week's challenge - you didn't much like the Halloween theme!!!

Don't forget you MUST use at least one Waltzingmouse stamp, sentiment or digi on your project.  You have until Thursday 13th November 10.00pm GMT (5.00pm EST) to play along.


That's all - see you soon.

signature

3 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Deb! Lovin' the bright color palette and cute appliqued flowers!

Unknown said...

Hi, love your card with the sweet applique flowers and stitched ribbon. Great use of the colours in the theme.
Kathy x

Grá O'Neill said...

The colours are so fantastic, love this card especially as you used all the colours! Just beautiful :)

[Pinned the challenge photo from here with a link to the challenge to spread the word]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...