Saturday 10 January 2015

52CCT - Colours .....

...  Good morning all.  I think when I picked the colours for this week's 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown challenge, I was expecting to have lots of snow around.  And that's exactly what it's like.  We're having a real arctic blast of winter here in America.  I shovelled 3" of snow off the drive yesterday and at the time of writing this post (Friday afternoon) we've had a bit more snow - but the skies are blue and the sun is shining.  What are the colours?  You have to use  
Shades of Blue  
and this is my card:

Cupcake Tree - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Frame It
Ink: Kaleidacolor - Blue Breeze
Dies: Spellbinders - Petit Oval Sm (S4-140) #6, Scalloped Petit Ovals Sm (S4-141) #6
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Blue Mirri Card; Blue Glitter Paper; Cuttlebug EF - Winter Wonderland; Martha Stewart - Snowflake Punch; Wink of Stella - Clear


I got the inspiration for my Cupcake Christmas tree from the graphic for this week's Merry Monday - MM#140 challenge which is to use snowflakes on your card.  I stamped lots of little cupcakes in shades of blue, used my aqua pen to drag the ink in and give a hint of colour to the case and icing and then fussy cut them all out.  I then layered them up to create a Christmas tree.  I added clear Wink of Stella to all the icing and used an oval die to cut out the tree.  I layered this onto blue metallic card.  To add interest I embossed some white card with more snowflakes, layered it onto blue metallic card and then direct to the card base.  I finished the front with a dark blue glitter snowflake to go on top of the tree.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of blue glitter paper and on the white panel added a few more cupcakes and a simple greeting.  I took a close up of the cupcakes so that you can see the sparkle.

Cupcake Tree detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsCupcake Tree inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

 
Cupcake Tree Sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspiration using all the BLUES check out the cards from the rest of the team - they have created some wonderful cards.  Have fun!

signature

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another great challenge from you this week Deborah, and I love your take on it too. Sounds like you're having your own winter wonderland there! Keep warm and safe, and keep those wonderful card inspirations coming, Gill xx

Beverley said...

Yum! I love shades of blue and this ombre cake card is FAB! hugs Bev x

Heather said...

Spotted this on Merry Monday - oh my gosh so fun! I thought I was the biggest fussy cutting freak, but this is over the top amazing! Brava!

Louise van Vuren said...

A cupcake Christmas tree? I would be in cake heaven! Just love the quirkiness of this and shades of blue are perfect for it. The glitzy look, the inside stamping, the blue mirri card it all adds up to a fab card! Love hearing about your snowy winter wonderland, it's so mild here in the UK. Forgot to say earlier thank you for the gorgeous Christmas card you sent me, I loved it, I didn't return send as you were away, but one day soon I will surprise you with a card of my own, promise!
Louise xx

Fabiola said...

elle est très mignonne et surtout très gourmande Deborah, biz

Jacqueline said...

mmmmmmmm cupcakes - what a yummy card - Jacqueline xx

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card, your cupcake tree is so creative. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Lori Turner said...

Love the "cupcake tree!" Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday :)

Patricia Hays said...

Wow - you sure did a lot of fussy cutting here, but it paid off in this whimsical card!
Send some snow this way, ok? :) We've only had a dusting so far in 2015, and I missed the 5" we got right before Thanksgiving because I was visiting my parents.

Danielle Vincent said...

Christmas and cupcakes - two of my favorite things! Such a pretty card Deborah - LOVE the ombre and glitter. Hugs D

Tanja said...

this is so cute and I love all that shimmer and shine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...