Wednesday 15 April 2015

ASM - Photo ....

Hello and good evening.  It's time for our new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More!  This week it's our Photo Inspiration challenge.  Your project must take inspiration from the photo - just tell us what inspired you.  We have two sponsors this week - Bugaboo Stamps and they have a prize of 7 digi stamps and Rosey Hearts who have a prize of 5 digi stamps.  Here are my cards:

5 O'Clock - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Bugaboo Digi - JJ Tequila and Shoes ;  Uniko Studio - Time, Extra Time; Penny Black - Sprinkles and Smiles
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Sahara Sand, Melon Mambo; Memento - London Fog
Dies: Spellbinders - Mega Rectangles Sm (S4-144) #4, Deckled Mega Rectangles Lg (S5-015) #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Melon Mambo; US DP - Time & Extra Time; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella; SU Punch - Decorative Label; Glossy Accents


My inspiration from the photo is the soft neutral colours with the pop of pink, along with the clocks.  I printed JJ on white card, cut her out with a long rectangle, coloured with Copic markers, added some sparkle and a touch of glossy accents to her specs and martini glass.  I layered the finished image on pink card.  I punched out the sentiment and layerd it on pink card.  I covered the card with Uniko Studio design paper which is perfect for this challenge as it has clocks on it.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of pink card and stamped more clocks and cogs and a sentiment on the white panel.

5 O'Clock detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems5 O'Clock inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

My second card is a little more risque, but so much fun!  When I saw the image I knew I would have to colour her.  My husband loves cherries :) :)



Cherry Pop - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rosey Heart Digi - Girl Cherry Pop;  Uniko Studio - Time, Extra Time; Penny Black - Sprinkles and Smiles
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Sahara Sand, Melon Mambo; Memento - London Fog
Dies: Spellbinders - Rectangles Lg (S4-132) #5, Scalloped Rectangles Lg (S4-133) #5
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Melon Mambo; US DP - Time & Extra Time; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella

I printed her on white card, coloured with Copics and added lots of sparkle with my clear Wink of Stella Brush.  I layered the image on pink card and attached it to the front of the card.  I found this sentiment and thought it was perfect to go with the image.  The inside has a mat layer of pink and some decoration on the white panel.

Cherry Pop detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsCherry Pop inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more projects using our Inspiration Photo - check out the blog to see what the rest of the team have made.  Have fun!

signature

15 comments:

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! Both of these creations are a hoot Deborah!! Your coloring on both of these looks fabulous and the sentiments are too funny!! Great job! ;)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Ha ha ha - so funny, both of them!

sandie said...

Such fun cards Deborah. Outstanding colouring. Your hubby will have a giggle at the second card x

Lee-Anne said...

LOL...what fun! Love these!

Tanja said...

love your fun cards - the coloring looks amazing and the sentiment on the first one made me giggle

Barb Ghig said...

Two really awesome cards, Deborah! Fabulous coloring and I love how you paired your images and fun sentiments!

Julie B said...

Very funny! Had to look twice at the second one!

Neets B said...

Hehe, chuckling away here! Love these funny cards and how you've incorporated the pops of pink and cogs x

cm said...

Bwahhahahahahha...ooops, nearly fell off my chair in seeing your brilliant cards, especially the second one! Your husband will surely like that one! Hilarious!
Hugs~c

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super fun cards Debs, love your sense of humour and that second one in particular just cracks me up! Sarah x

Dana said...

Fabulous card!! Really love your coloring!!

Unknown said...

I love that you have just as much fun with these FABulous images as I do hehehehe Super job!

Shona Chambers said...

OMG, I love it!! And no wonder your husband likes cherries!! Fantastic image, so glad you used it for this challenge.

Shona Chambers said...

And love the woman in her 5pm 'party attire', she looks like she serious about partying!! Brilliant image and love the sentiment.

Karen M said...

Two fabulous cards Deborah - I love them both xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...