Friday 17 April 2015

SNG - Billie Hat Lady ....

... Good morning!  It's my turn to post a project on Sparkle and Glitter where Rick St Dennis's EDT share work using Rick's wonderful images.  I'm also Guest Designer at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges where Rick is sponsoring this week's challenge - there's a theme too - to use Die Cuts.  Here's my card:

Billie Hat Lady - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Billie Hat Lady; Penny Black - Sprinkles and Smiles; Winnie & Walter - Scenery Party Hangover
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Bermuda Bay, Wild Wasabi, Crumb Cake
Dies: Spellbinders - A2 Locking Loops (S5-175) #1
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - All that Glitters; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear; Gem


I used the colours from this week's Colour Throwdown - CTD#338.  I covered the card with design paper.  I printed the image onto white card, coloured with Copic markers and carefully cut it out a scalpel (easier to get in the small gaps).  I added sparkle to her furs, the feathers and her earring.  I die cut a pretty panel in white, adhered it to the card and then attached Billie.  I finished the front with a little flower that I made by die cutting two pieces in blue and green, gluing them together and adding a gem.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of design paper and added a sentiment and some decoration on the white panel.

Billie Hat Lady inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsBillie Hat Lady sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do check out the challenge at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenge (love that name - all my favourite things in one place!) and have fun.  If you like Billie Hat Lady you can find her and lots more Hat Ladies at Rick's Zibbet and Esty shops.  That's all for now!

signature

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You color so beautifully! So glad you could join our DT this week at CC & CC:)
xx Bonnie

Vickie Z said...

Fun card and love that bold image Deb!! So happy you played along at CTD!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Your lady is really stylin' in the throwdown colors! What a fun card! So glad to see you in the throwdown gallery!

Broni said...

Great coloring on that fun image, Deborah! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...