Friday 15 May 2015

USC - Flowers ....

....  Good morning all!  It's time for our new challenge at Uniko Studio and this month we have the theme of

FLOWERS

My card is for Bev, our fabulous boss!  It was Bev's birthday yesterday so Sandie (who does a brilliant job coordinating our challenges) decided to use this challenge as our way of wishing Bev the most wonderful birthday.  Hopefully this will come as a complete surprise.  Here's my card:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko Studio - Beautiful Blooms II, Simply Said Birthday
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - Secret Admirer; Kaisercraft Embellishments - Secret Admirer; Crafter's Companion Spray 'n' Sparkle - Gold


I used the sketch from this week's FUSION challenge - FUSION#34.  I covered the bottom half of the card with lovely floral paper.  I adhered a matching doily to the side of the card and then stamped the birthday sentiment.  I lightly sprayed the card with some gold sparkle spray.  I stamped the outline flower in coral, added the solid inside with a pale coral and added the detail with dark pink.  I stamped the blossom three times and fussy cut them all.  I decided to adhered the flowers together to make a thicker flower which I attached to the card with dimensional gel.  On the inside I used another sheet of design paper for the mat layer and stamped a greeting and flower on the white panel.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I know that the team have all made some wonderful cards, so do drop by and leave some a comment or two. 

We have a couple of Guest Designers this month - Carol and Jane.  Do drop by their blogs to check out their cards.  Don't forget to visit the rest of the team too to see what they've made.

There are lots of prizes too - the DT will choose a winner who will get a £20 gift voucher for Uniko Studio shop and will be invited to be a Guest Designer.  The DT will also pick a top 3 and all will get a £5 gift voucher. If you do use a Uniko stamp we will do a random selected prize to win a £10 gift voucher.

Sadly, Bev probably won't get this card for a while - I was a bit late posting it - I still forget how long it takes letters and cards to get from the States to the UK!!!  That's all for now!

signature

10 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A classic bouquet of floral elegance Debs. Great card and perfect for the occasion. Sarah x

sandie said...

I so love this doily and that paper is the perfect mix for the Uniko stamp x

Jane said...

Love the shabby chic look of your card Deborah, so stylish.

Beverley said...

Wonderful combo of designer paper and stamps, they work stunningly together. You are so thoughtful to mail me a card & it being late just means I can celebrate with cake again! ;) Thank you for the birthday wishes. Hugs Bev x

Sarah G said...

What an elegant card - love that paper with the Uniko bloom! Just beautiful, Debs :)

cm said...

Deborah, what an honour for me to be co-guest-designing alongside Jane, you and the rest of the DT for this challenge. Your card: exquisite! The patterned paper is the perfect accessory for your gorgeous Uniko bloom! Yet again, innovative and inspiring!
Hugs~c

Julia Aston said...

What beautiful floral paper on this lovely b'day card Deborah! Thanks for joining us in the Fusion Challenge! Julia xx

Jeanne J. said...

Gorgeous floral Deborah! I love this! All the colors are just eye candy for me!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

lovely job with the sketch and loving the doily! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

Nicki S said...

Very pretty! So unique and different.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...