Saturday 25 July 2015

52CCT - Technique .....

....  Good morning!  I must apologise to my Design Team mates as I'm really late with my card for this week's challenge, but it's here!!  This week's challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown is a technique challenge and Tanja has picked Embossing on Vellum - you can dry emboss or use embossing powders, the choice is yours.  Here's my take:

Ugly Sweater - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Simon Says Stamp - Ugly Sweater, Sweater Words & Appliques
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black; Versamark
Dies: SSS - Sweater Dies
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Kraft; Copic Markers; Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Winter Wonderland; Wink of Stella - Clear; Vellum; White Embossing Powder



I've used a few challenges - the colours and layout are based on this week's Time Out Challenges - TOC#36 to CASE Alice's card, and I've included several hearts which is the theme over at Merry Monday - MM#167.  And as there's embossing on the card, I'm also submitting to CAS-ual Friday Challenge - CFC#141.   I used Kraft card to make the card base and cut a piece of vellum slightly smaller than the base.  I used a snowflake folder to dry emboss the vellum and adhered it to the card.  I stamped a sweater on white card, coloured it with Copic markers and then stamped, in Versamark, the Christmas lights heart shape which I embossed with white powder.  I added a touch of red to the lights on the sweater.  I stamped a few more little hearts on white card, coloured them red and cut them out.  I finished the front with a fun sentiment and added a touch of sparkle to the little hearts.  On the inside I cut a panel of white card on which I stamped a greeting and the heart lights stamp, I also edged the panel with red marker.

Ugly Sweater inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsUgly Sweater sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit the blog to check out more inspiration cards from the team - you've got until Friday 31st July to join in with the challenge.  Have fun!

signature

11 comments:

Julie said...

Cute card. those snowflakes are so pretty. Using vellum really makes them so much prettier
Julie T

Fabiola said...

Ce qu'elle est drôle Déborah, j'adore cet humour, biz

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!

Bonnie said...

I love embossed vellum, Deborah! What a pretty background for this (not) ugly Christmas sweater! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Pauline said...

What a fun card Deborah! Love that sentiment!

Dawn said...

Lol! Love your fun card & the lovely embossing!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

How sweet - just love the Christmas sweater!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday!

Tanja said...

your sweater card is anything but ugly - love the snowflake background

Paper Lily Leaf said...

I love this so much! Definitely not an ugly sweater!! :-) Xx

Wendy said...

How awesome is this card, Deborah!!! Just love the Christmas Sweater! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Lisa Kind said...

Such an adorable card! Love that sentiment! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...