Wednesday 8 July 2015

TMR - Theme - Song Title ....

.... Hello!  Morning!  As this post goes live, I'm on my last week's holiday in the UK.  Kathryn and I flew over at the end of June, leaving Jonathan to have a two week vacation at home in the States.  So as you've guessed this is a scheduled post - prepared before I fly off!  It's been a busy week.  Our challenge, for the next two weeks, at The Male Room is to make a masculine theme project based on a Song Title.  Here's my card - see if you can work it out before I tell you:

Surfin' USA - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - North Shore; Verve Stamps - Learning to Sail
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Real Red; Clear Embossing Powder; Copic Markers


Have you guessed it yet?  He's a surfer dude, and I've gone for good old, red, white and blue .  My song is Surfin' USA by the Beach Boys - just love this song, it is so, so summer!!  And my card is ultra clean and simple.  I cut a mat layer of red card.  On the white panel I stamped this fabulous surfer image in black and embossed it with clear powder.  I added just a touch of colour to the sea behind him and to the lovely hibiscus flowers.  On the inside, I kept it just as simple with another mat layer of red card and some cool red, white and blue surf boards and greeting.

Surfin' USA inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

We have a guest designer with us this month - I'm sure that many of you are familiar with her work, please welcome Monika of Creative with Monika.  The rest of the team have some fabulous inspiration for you too.

Here's a video of the Beach Boys singing Surfin' USA - enjoy!!



signature

4 comments:

Jane said...

Yep! I got it right and now it's buzzing round my head - thanks Deborah! Great car too!

Rocky said...

Love it!!! Love the beach Boys too. I saw them at Knebworth many years ago so your fab card has really got me singing.

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome!!

sue t. said...

OMG- you are sooooo right-great minds think alike!! Great song with two great inspirations!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...