Sunday 8 May 2016

CIC - Theme ....

... Hello! I hope your weekend is going well. It's time for our new challenge at Cupcake Inspirations - CIC#359, and our theme is BUNTING. Our sponsor for this challenge is Paper Sweeties and the winner of the challenge will get a $25 Gift Certificate to spend in their shop. I have used a couple of their products on my card:

Celebrate with Cake - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Paper Sweeties - Birthday Banners; Uniko - Celebrate with Cake
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Spectrum; Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Sahara Sand
Dies: Paper Sweeties - Sweet Cuts Birthday Banners
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear; SU Card - Black


I've gone for a fairly clean and simple card - echoing the pretty design on the graphic cupcakes. I liked the rainbow bunting on the cakes, so decided to play with my Kaleidacolor ink set. I stamped the bunting twice (turning the ink pad to make the colours go in opposite directions) and then cut them out with the matching die. I stamped a large cupcake on some scrap paper and inked up the frosting stamp with rainbow colours. I attached the cupcake to the card, added a greeting and finished by adding some star confetti. I attached the top bunting layer flat to the card, but used dimensional gel for the second layer to give a little depth. On the inside I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel I stamped some cupcake bunting which I coloured with Copics and added sparkle with a clear Wink of Stella brush. I finished the front with a sentiment stamped with the Kaleidacolor pad.

Celebrate with Cake inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit our blog to see more inspiration cards from the rest of the team. Have fun!

signature

1 comment:

The Hardy Stamper said...

Two great cards and I love the bunting in the top one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...