Tuesday 10 May 2016

Pastels ....

.... Morning! I've got a very clean, simple card to share with you this morning. I've based the layout on the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch! - CTS#171, although I've turned the sketch to make a landscape card. Over at Less is More - LIM#275 they have a colour challenge to use PASTELS in a CAS style. Here's my card:

Remarkable - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Remarkable You, Greatest Greetings, Timeless Textures
Inks: Distress - Tumbled Glass, Spun Sugar, Shaded Lilac; Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Grey Flannel
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Soft Sky; Clear Embossing Powder; Wink of Stella - Clear


I stamped the large flower in Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder. I created a mask to cover the flower and then smooshed a mixture of pastel colours over the create the panel - kind of like a sunset sky. Leaving the mask in place I added some textural stamps around in pale grey. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to position the sentiment which I stamped in black. I added some sparkle to the flower with a clear Wink of Stella brush. On the inside I cut a mat layer of pale blue card and on the white panel added some more textural stamps and a greeting.

Remarkable inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsRemarkable sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

This card will be winging its way to my Mum today. I can share it here as she doesn't do technology, so it'll be a surprise when she gets it. And in only 6 weeks I'll get to see my Mum in real-life. Kat and I will be heading back to England for a couple of weeks - so looking forward to it. That's all for today - I'm having a pamper morning at the hairdresser - hair, nails and toes - such luxury! See you soon.

signature

9 comments:

Esther said...

What a beautiful card! Your mum's going to love it. Those pretty colours in the background really set off the flower to perfection. Enjoy your pampering today :)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

What a gorgeous outline bloom stamp there Debs, bit of stash envy going on here! Love your delicate background too. So pretty and dreamy and thanks for linking up at Less is More this week. Sarah x

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! I love the watercolour rectangle behind the flower! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Marybeth said...

Very pretty Deborah! Love the flower stamp you used! Hope you are happy and well!

Sarah G said...

I love the stamps on this card and the delicate pastel background. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More :)

Chrissie said...

Just love that delicate pastel backdrop Deborah... just lovely!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Susan said...

Beautiful card, Deborah! I know your mother will love it!

Sid said...

Loving your pastel deign Deborah !

Neets B said...

Ooh Deborah, this is divine! Love the delicate pastel background and I'm with Sarah, serious stash envy here too!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...