Wednesday 25 May 2016

TMR - Theme ...

... Hello, sorry I've not been around much lately - my mojo ran away! But, I think it's back now. I'm here (rather late) with my DT card for The Male Room - TMR#36 where we have a theme for you

CRITTERS AND/OR BUGS

This is a fun theme and, I think, works perfectly for guys. Here's my card:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Sassy Salutions; Stamp a Mania - can't remember the names of the sets
Inks: Distress - Antique Linen; Memento - Tuxedo Black; Kaleidacolor - Vineyard
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Always Artichoke; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear; Enamel Dots



I used the colours from Just Us Girls - JUGS#344, the layout from Mojo Monday - MOJO#449, and the birthday theme from Casual Friday Challenge - CFC#148.

I started by stamping the geometric/tribal pattern in ivory on white card and then layered it on some green card. I cut a panel of white card to cover the bottom and stamped a funky birthday greeting using Kaleidacolor ink. I stamped the lizard - my critter - in black, coloured it with Copics, cut it out and added some sparkle all over with a clear Wink of Stella brush.  I finished the front with a some enamel dots. On the inside I cut a mat layer of green card and on the white panel stamped another lizard.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Birthday sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I took a close up of the lizard to show all the lovely shimmer and sparkle. We've got a perfect day here - bright sunshine and hot - great weather to photography the Wink of Stella.

Close up - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit our blog to see inspiration projects from the rest of the team.  You can interpret the theme anyway you want on cards, ATCs, scrapbook layouts, 3D projects - just make sure it's masculine in style. You've got plenty of time to play along! That's all for now.

signature

4 comments:

Jane said...

Love the lizard! And those colours from the kaleidacolor ink pad - just yummy.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I absolutely love the direction you took with these colors! That lizard is so cute, if that is possible. Great design. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

LisaH said...

Very cool card!! What boy wouldn't like this!

Louise van Vuren said...

Can't go wrong with a lizard card I think ;) and this is a fab one. I like the colours you have used and the addition of the enamel dots make this one cool card
Louise xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...