Sunday 5 June 2016

CIC - Theme ...

... Morning! I hope your weekend is going well, I'm having a great time. It's time for our new challenge at Cupcake Inspirations - CIC#363. We have a theme for you - UNDER THE SEA. Our sponsor this week is The Greeting Farm and I've used some of their products on my card:

Friends - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: The Greeting Farm - Love and Friends, Digis - Coralina, Leela, Chibi Diver; Dylusions - Under the Sea, Ocean Backgrounds
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Pool Party, Bermuda Bay; Memento - Grey Flannel
Dies: Die-namics - Pierced Oval Frames #3
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Pool Party; SU DP - Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear; Gems


I've used the sketch from this week's My Favourite Things Wednesday Sketch Club - MFTWSC#283 for the layout. I cut a panel of aqua card smaller than the base and cut out an oval shape. I stamped an under the sea scene on the white card using a variety of stamp sets. I die cut the oval border from lilac design paper and adhered over the aqua card. I printed several digital images from The Greeting Farm on white card, coloured them with Copics and fussy cut them out. I added sparkle with a clear Wink of Stella brush to the mermaid tails and their hair ornaments. I stamped the sentiment directly to the card. I finished the front with some frosted gems. On the inside I cut a mat layer of aqua design paper and on the white panel added some seaweed and a tiny fish from another of The Greeting Farm digis.

Friends inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsFriends sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit our blog to see more inspiration cards from the rest of the design team.


The winner of this week's challenge will get a $50 gift certificate from The Greeting Farm to spend at their shop - go have fun! That's all for now.

signature

2 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Adorable card Deb!

Sandy said...

So cute! Pool Party is one of my favorite colors right now. Have a great rest of your week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...