Sunday 21 August 2016

CIC - Colours ...

... Morning! I'm late getting this post written, as Kat and I have been busy at some fantastic classes with Dina Wakley at Scrappy Chic in Livonia. I managed to get my card done on time and posted to Cupcake Inspirations, but only now have the chance to write up the details!!!

This week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge - CIC#372 we have some super colours for you to play with - Honey, White and Amethyst! Our sponsor this week is Polkadoodles Crafting and the randomly chosen winner this week will receive a $10 prize. The design sweeties were lucky enough to get to play with some of their digis, and here's the card I made with "You're Weird":

You're Weird - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Polkadoodles Digi - You're Weird; Sweet Stamp Shop - Elements; Stampin' Up! - Endless Birthday Wishes
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; SU - Crushed Curry
Dies: Lil Inkers - Dual Stitched Squares #5
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - So Saffron, Wisteria Wonder; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear; Glossy Accents


This image was made for me as I'm something of a chemistry nerd! I printed it on white card, coloured with Copic markers, cut it out with a die and then added some shimmer with a clear Wink of Stella brush and finished by adding Glossy accents to the glassware and safety specs. I die cut a couple of pieces of card for mat layers, attached them to the card and then adhered the focal image with diemensional tape. On the inside I cut a mat layer of lilac card and added some more chemistry based images for the greeting.

You're Weird inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I took a close up photo of the front to show the dimension of the Glossy Accents and also the lovely shimmer from the Wink of Stella:

You're Weird detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit our blog to see more inspiration pieces from the rest of the Design Sweeties! Have fun!

signature

4 comments:

Birgit said...

This is such an awesome card, Deborah! I love that you had the perfect sentiment for the inside of the card as well. So fitting and super fun!

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun card, love the images and the fabulous colouring. Brought a smile to my face...Thank you x

Sandy said...

Super cute card! I love this color challenge. My favorite color is purple LOL. Have a great week.

Naki said...

Aww, so stinkin' cute! Awesome coloring! and you even made the inside cute, love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...