Wednesday 23 October 2013

Attitude ....

.... Hello again!!  I'm back with a very clean and simple, and one layer, card for a couple of challenges:

Stamps:  Penny Black - Fantasy Tree; My Favourite Things - Clearly Sentimental about New Beginnings
Inks: Versafine - Vintage Sepia; Versamark; Stampin' Up! - Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Cherry Cobbler; Doodlebug Sprinkles; Vellum; Clear Embossing Powder


I've adapted the sketch for a square card.  I stamped the tree directly onto the card base and embossed it with clear powder.  I didn't want to hide the tree so I stamped the sentiment onto vellum and embossed that too.  I ran the vellum through my Xyron to make it self-adhesive and applied to the card.  I finished off the front with some enamel dots in co-ordinating colours.  I've left the inside very plain - simply a mat of red and on the white panel a tree - allowing space for me to write a message.  Chrissie and Jen want to see more than just leaves, so I thought this was a good opportunity to get out this stamp - I've neglected it a bit of late!


It's a gorgeous day here - with lots of sunshine and blue skies, mind there are a few dark clouds that keep coming over, but no snow or rain yet!!  Strange to think that in Chicago they had the first snowfall of the season yesterday, albeit only a dusting!  Bye for now!

8 comments:

Ardyth said...

LOVE this - great colours, great layou, great dots (especially that one on the vellum!) and great words from a great man!

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Debs and such a true sentiment

ANne

Deepti said...

This is beautiful Deborah :)

Betty said...

WOW, pretty card. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

Darnell said...

Wow, Deborah, thank you for the huge tip today that accompanied your stunning card! I never thought of running my vellum strips through the Xyron! I love that quote, it goes perfectly with your fantastic tree! This is a winner in my book!! Hugs, Darnell

Chrissie said...

Tremendous card Deborah!
Love it!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sid said...

What a fab card design !

Jane said...

Super card, love the simplicity of ot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...