Sunday 20 October 2013

Review of Stampin' Up! sessions ....

Note - this is a long post with lots of photos

....  I just realised that I haven't shared the cards that I've made recently at Karin's Stampin' Up! sessions.  As stated in other posts - most of the cards we make at these sessions are CASEd from other SU designers - I don't have the names of the other designers - sorry.  But if you recognise your card - let me know and I'll put in the credit!

I've lots to share, starting with our Down line meeting and this clean, simple design - which I put in Jonathan's suitcase on his recent trip to San Francisco.  I left the inside blank for me to fill!!


Stamps: SU - Express Yourself (hostess), Mosaic Madness
Inks: SU - Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: SU Card - Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight; SU DP - Tempting Turquoise; SU Punches - 1¾" circle, Blossom, Boho Blossoms; Gems; EF - Polka Dots

Next we had a got at faux iris folding - which was fun, but I'm not sure I'll do it again!!  I decorated the inside with a few more candles!


Stamps: SU - Cycle Celebration, A Dozen Thoughts
Inks: SU -Raspberry Ripple, Crisp Cantaloupe
Accessories: SU Card - Whisper White, Raspberry Ripple, Crisp Cantaloupe; SU DP - Birthday Basics; SU Punches - 2½" circle; Gems

 
The last card in this session was a fun shadow box frame card - very easy to make and looks super.  I kept the inside really simple on this one.


Stamps: SU - Kind and Cosy, Four You
Inks: SU - Night of Navy
Dies: SU/Sizzix - Chalk Talk Framelits
Accessories: SU Card - Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Night of Navy; SU DP - Gingham Garden; SU Punches - Small Heart; Daffodil Delight Stitched Ribbon; EF - Stripes



The very last item we made was a pouch in which we can put sweets!!  This is really easy.


This next set of cards was made at one of Karin's regular SU sessions - where I can get to play with stamps I don't have!!  I'm starting with this fabulous Autumn thank you card - Love the colours in this card.  On the inside I simply stamped some more of the grunge stamps.  CASED from Jill Coleman's original - here!


Stamps: SU - Magnificent Maple, Gorgeous Grunge, Another Thank You
Inks: SU - Pool Party, Early Espresso, Sahara Sand, Cajun Craze
Accessories: SU Card - Pool Party, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla; Natural Trim Ribbon


Next up is a birthday card which I think is just perfect for a guy.  This is not a set I'd normally get, but I do like this card.  For the inside I simply stamped the birds again.


Stamps: SU - Wetlands
Inks: SU - Marina Mist, Baked Brown Sugar; Stazon - Jet Black
Accessories: SU Card - Baked Brown Sugar, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla, Watercolour Paper; Embossing Folder - Pretty Print Texture; Distress Tool; Linen Thread


Now another birthday card - but completely different.  Using die cut flowers and an aperture! 


Stamps: SU - Express Yourself (hostess)
Inks: SU - Baked Brown Sugar
Dies: SU/Sizzix - Deco Labels Framelits; Little Leaves Sizzlit
Accessories: SU Card - Whisper White, Gumball Green, Crushed Curry; SU DP - Baked Brown Sugar; SU Punches - Boho Blossoms, ½" Circle; Linen Thread

And my last card for is another birthday card - very clean and simple it is too.


Stamps: SU - Four You
Inks: SU - Bermuda Bay
Accessories: SU Card - Whisper White, Baked Brown Sugar, Bermuda Bay, Crisp Cantaloupe; SU DP - Bermuda Bay; SU Punch - Bird Builder; Gems

I've only one more item to share with you.  We did a swap at the Downline meeting - we each made a card front and swapped - I based my card front of the card I made for 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown at the end of September.


Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Festive Flurry
Inks: Versamark; Brilliance - Lightening Black; SU - Early Espresso
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder; SU DP - Last year's Christmas pack; SU Punch - Label Bracket; SU Card - Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green

If you've made it this far - thank you so much for your attention.  I always have lots of fun at these sessions and come away with lots of ideas and colour combinations that I wouldn't have thought of!!  That's all for now.  See you soon.

4 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely selection iof cards Deborah....whata lovely idea popping a card into Jonathons suitcase...

Anne

Kim Heggins said...

wow...so many amazing cards Deborah! You have been very busy and I love them all. Your first card is my favorite...those fabulous images and the chevron circle, so sweet!

Donna Mosley said...

Wow! Deborah, you have been busy, they are all gorgeous.

Donna x

Vicky Hayes said...

Wow - what a gallery Deborah! I particularly like your swap with the emboss/resist over the DP. So pleased you're enjoying SU across the pond! Vicky x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...