Thursday 6 March 2014

Enjoy the ride ....

.... Hello everyone!  There are some fab challenges about at the moment, and perhaps it's because we're all fed up with winter that there are so many challenges with bright, cheerful colours!  I've a fun card to share with you this morning:

Enjoy the Ride - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: The Craft's Meow - Life is a Carnival
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Real Red, Daffodil Delight; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Lucky Limeade; Promarkers


I used the cue word from this week's CASology - CAS#85 "Carnival" and the colours from Colour Throwdown - CTD#282 which I think are just perfect for a carnival card.  When I saw the cue word I knew that I'd be using this set from The Craft's Meow; I've had the set for a month or so but this is the first time it's seen ink!  I stamped the carousel onto scrap white card, coloured it with Promarkers and cut it out.  I stamped the sentiment in red to echo the pennant and centre of the carousel and attached the carousel with dimensional tape.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of lime card, stamped a second generation image of the Ferris wheel in yellow and finished with a simple sentiment.

Enjoy the Ride inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

That's all for now - I'm still busy working on my backlog of ironing!   Ugh!  Still, it does give me chance to catch up with a couple of TV shows that I like!  See you soon.

signature

15 comments:

Deepti said...

Love u card, these colors are perfect for the carnival challenge :)

Kylie said...

Great card, Deb. That Merry-go-round is really cool xx

Barbara said...

What a great CAS card! Love that image! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

Joyce said...

Fabulous CAS card, and perfect for the challenge. And, you reminded me that I have this set (somewhere) and need to dig it out. Thank you so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Tracey McNeely said...

Fun animals on the carousel!

Judy1223 said...

Well, if that isn't the perfect stamp set for the cue word this week, I don't know what is! I love the cover AND the inside of your card...such great colors and CAS layout! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Karen M said...

Love your card Deborah -especially the cool animals on the ride - hugs xx

Lee-Anne said...

Beautiful crisp, clean CAS design, Deborah! Perfect colors for a carnival theme!

G Peplow said...

Hi Deborah! Great card, perfect for the Carnival challenge, hope the ironing's all done now :D x

G Peplow said...

Perfect for this challenge, I love your carousel Deborah!! Hope the ironing's out of the way now :D I tend to watch the TV whilst doing it too, also if it's a little cold, soon warms me up!! x

Vickie Z said...

Hey DEb!! Fun card...perfect for these challenges!! Love the images and the inside is wonderful!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!

Sarah G said...

Great image - it works perfectly for the CASology theme!

wienerhoneymooners said...

This is a SUPER take on this cue for the challenge this week!! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Broni said...

Love that carousel! What a fun card! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

Joan Ervin said...

What a cute CAS design with the adorable carousel and I love how you finished off the inside, too!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...