Tuesday 31 March 2015

AC - Offerings ....

....  Morning!  Today's card is a bit different - I've used one of Rick's skull images - not very, very scary, but not a cute card either:

Today - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Offerings; Stampendous - Discover Today
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress - Antique Linen, Vintage Photo
Dies: Spellbinders - Decagons (S4-369) #4, #5, #6 and #7
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Hot Off the Press DP - Card Maker's Ultimate Floral Pack; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear


I don't know what drew me to this image, but I did enjoy colouring it.  Rick has lots of skull images at his Zibbet shop - some semi cute (there's one with a tiny dragon) and some downright scary!!  I like the flowers surrounding this one.  The coloured image has been sitting on my desk for a while, but last week I suddenly had an idea.  I die cut the image with a decagon die, and then cut some design papers to frame the image.  Before adhering the image to the mat layers, I sponged the edges to make it feel a bit antiqued.  I covered the card with some lovely shimmery bronze/brown paper.  The colours on this card are right out of my comfort zone!  I found some fun stamps in my stash that I think work really well with the image.  It's nice to use this HOTP paper stack as I've had it for years and years.  On the inside I used another piece as a mat layer and die cut some white card with the decagon die - I sponged on some distress ink to age it a bit.

Today - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I've got a bit of a love affair with my Wink of Stella brushes and I've added sparkle to the flowers surrounding the skull - I do like the effect!  Before I go, we're looking for a few people to join Rick's Facebook Design Team - full details can be found here.  If you like love Rick's images - this is worth a go!!

That's all for now, but do come back later to see my card for the new Addicted to Stamps and More! challenge.  Bye for now.

signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...