Monday 23 March 2015

Warm Tag Lady ....

....  Hello!  I do hope you've all had a super weekend.  Kathryn and I spent some quality time together for most of last week as Jonathan was in Utah on business.  Saturday, after Kathryn spent a morning doing homework, we headed off to our local spa for a full body massage.  We both enjoyed it very much indeed, so much so, that we both dozed off during our session!!  After that we headed to the nail salon and had our nails done and finished the afternoon with an early dinner at Applebee's.  Kathryn spent a couple more hours working on some projects and I had planned to get into my craft room, but instead I did a lot of photo editing.  If you want to see the photos - check out the link here.

Yesterday, Kathryn finished off her school work - she's coming to the end of a quarter and just about every subject has a big project due!  Still she got it all done.  I did a bit more photo editing and I'm almost up to date with this year's photo shoots (don't ask about last year though).  Kathryn decided to have an early night and I decided to do some crafting.

At the beginning of March I attended some workshops run by Dyan Reaveley.  We spent a lot of time learning different techniques and finished up with lots of large tags prepared and ready for decoration.  The large tags we used are 10½" × 5" with lots of space to play.  I used Dylusion spray inks on the tags allowing the colours to blend together - one card is cool and the other warm.  After spraying on colour, Dyan showed us how to create some interest and texture by using a ghosting method, spraying water through stencils and then lifting the ink to leave a shadow impression.  At this stage I then created my Tag Ladies using various images from magazines, some stamped images and some altered images.  It was so much fun to let my imagination run wild and just create.

Tag Lady Warm - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Dylusions - Background Love, Graphic Background
Inks: Dylusions Spray Inks - Tangerine Dream, Cherry Pie, Pomegranate Seed; Archival - Plum
Accessories: Stencils; Images cut from various magazines; Black Pen; Signo White Gel Pen; Wink of Stella - Gold, Orange, Pink


Last night I completed the tags.  This is the Warm Tag Lady.  I used  Dylusions stamps to randomly add more background texture.  I edged the image with a black marker to tie it into the background.  I added doodling around the edges of the words, and also around some of the images.  I think you all know that I love sparkle, so I used my Wink of Stella brush and added colour to the stamped flowers (see close up below). I've had lots of fun making this Tag Lady and I'm submitting it to the current Inkspirational challenge - INK#78 where the theme is She Art or to use an image of a woman.

Tag Lady Warm detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsTag Lady Warm Sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I took a photo of the pink tag at the workshop - as you can see my Tag Lady has changed somewhat from the initial thought!  I really like the idea of making her body from the body of a camera - both my hobbies in one tag!

Tag Lady 2 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I was expecting Jonathan home last night, but the flight from Utah was delayed by several hours and he didn't get in until 3.15am this morning!!!!  Sadly, he still has to go to work today and I had to take him as his card was at work!  I'm so pleased to having him home.  I'll share my Cool Tag Lady later.  That's all for now.  See you soon.

signature

1 comment:

cm said...

Sounds you attended some interesting workshops, based on this oh-so-eye-catching tag you've created! The background is gorgeous, and how clever to convey your favorite hobbies through the images you've chosen. Artsy-awesome! Thank you for sharing your innovative She-Art inspired creation in the Ink gallery!
~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...