Saturday 22 October 2016

52CCT - Technique & DT Call ....

.... Morning! It's time for our new challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown (52CCT42-16) and we have a really fun technique for you. Kaja has picked EMBOSSING - you can you dry embossing or heat embossing. I've used both on my card:

Christmas Wishes - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Cabin Plaid Background, Tis The Season, Folk Art Christmas Additions
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Fruitcake; Versafine - Onyx Black; Delicata - Golden Glitz; Versamark
Dies: WMS - Folk Art Christmas
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! DP - Cherry Cobbler; Cuttlebug EF - Snowflakes; Embossing Powder - Silver, Gold Tinsel


I've used one of my all time favourite stamps on this card - the plaid background from Waltzingmouse Stamps - sadly this is no longer available. I used a Kaleidacolor inkpad to give this wonderful ombre festive background. I dry embossed a scrap of white card with some snowflakes and then cut them to size. I added a touch of gold to the embossed snowflakes. I stamped the bell in Versamark and added silver and gold tinsel powder and heat embossed - I love the shimmer this gives. I cut the bell out with the co-ordinating die. I finsihed the front with a bold Christmas sentiment from Waltzingmouse. This set, Tis The Season, is available from Gina K Designs as Claire Brennan now designs for Gina. On the inside I cut a mat layer of dark red design paper and on the white panel added a greeting and a gold bell.

Christmas Wishes inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsChristmas Wishes sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm playing along with Merry Monday - MM#218 where they want to see plaids. And also with Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#259 as I used their sketch for the layout.

Do visit our blog to see more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team. Just a reminder that we are having a DT Call - do check the blog for full details. That's all for now!

signature

9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Yep that background is wonderful! And I love how,you embossed the panels and ornament......beautiful card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Fabiola said...

j'aime ce fond plaid Deborah, c'est superbe, biz

Linda Israel said...

Great Card using two different kinds of embossing Deborah. I've been loving all of the cards I've seen for the Challenge this month. Look forward to seeing the uploads for this challenge too.

creative lady said...

Deborah, I love your card! I used this stamp set earlier on a card....this is probably one of my favorites from the Gina K Christmas release!

Sarah Fleming said...

Your card is stunning!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Lovely plaid background - great coloring! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Merry Monday :)

Karren said...

Beautiful card! That plaid background is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Kate said...

Love the ornament and the cabin plaid background (also one of my favourites) but that sentiment from 'Tis the Season really steals the show. Thank goodness Claire is still active in the crafting world as she really is a genius!!!

Catchy Sketch said...

Very beautiful Christmas card! At first I couldn't believe that the background is stamped, it looks so good! Love the idea with embossing in gold and silver at the same time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...