Friday 27 January 2017

Every day - a gift ....

... Morning! I've just got back from taking Kat to school. It's colder than recently and there were tiny snowflakes falling as I drove home - it is very pretty, but I hope it doesn't last long! I'm here with a clean, simple and very bright card:

A Gift - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Altenew - Fresh Fressia
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies: Altenew - Freesia; Lil Inkers - Circles and Diamonds Stitched Cover Up
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Tim Holtz Water Colour Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Tangerine Tango; Zig Clean Colour Brushes; Spectrum Noir Sparkle - Clear; Gems; Copics


Stampeddler, my local craft shop, has recently started stocking Altenew - I'm pleased, but it does mean that I've got some more new stamps for my stash! One of my all time favourite flowers is the freesia - I love the pretty flowers and the wonderful scent, so I had to get the stamp set. I've used it here on this card.

I used a cover plate to die to cut the all over pattern on the card base. I stamped the flower on water colour card and used my Zig brushes to colour it, cut it out with the matching die and added sparkle to the petals with a clear brush. I adhered it flat to the card base. I made the sentiment panel from a scrap of water colour card. I stamped the sentiment, scribbled three colours over it and used my sparkle pen to spread them out. I adhered it with dimensional tape. I finished the front by simply adding a few frosty gems. On the inside I cut a mat layer of orange card and on the white panel stamped another flower and a greeting. I used Copics to colour the flower.

A Gift inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsA Gift sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm submitting this card to Paper Players - PP#328 where they want a flower on our CAS project. Also to The Card Concept - CC#65 where I was inspired by the bold colours and the pattern on the cushion. Finally, I'm also playing along with Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#226, where it's ANYTHING GOES.

I don't normally make any type of new year resolutions, but this year I am determined to work more on my art journal - so you'll be seeing much more of that. However, it does mean that I'll have less time to spend on cards! I had fun making this one.

That's all for today. It's end of semester for Kat and she's had final exams all week. Today are her last two exams - she's been working really hard and has done well so far. As a treat and to help her relax, we are spending some girl time together this afternoon. We're having a massage, foot rub and some aromatherapy - should be bliss!!! See you soon.

signature

5 comments:

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous card ...freesias are my all time favourite flower! Your colour choice is lovely to see especially when it's so cold in the UK! I love the texture in the background. Thanks for joining this week's challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More
Elaine DT

laurie said...

I really like that background for your pretty bloom!Such pretty texture.Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Aileen said...

What a stunning creation on the outside and inside of the card. And all that sparkle on the flower so so beautiful. Love everything about this card.

Maureen said...

This card makes me realize I need spring! LOL. Thanks for joining us over on the Card Concept!

Martina Svoboda said...

Great clean card, love the color combination! Martina ATSM DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...