Tuesday 14 February 2017

Uniko - sponsor CASology ....

... Hello and good morning! Uniko is sponsoring this week's challenge at CASology - CAS#236 where the cue word is ROMANCE. I am so happy to join in this week and have made an anniversary card:

Happy Anniversary - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Always & Forever, Flower Power #3, Flower Power #4, Flower Power #7, A Gift for You
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Smoky Slate, Pretty in Pink, Real Red; Versafine - Onyx Black; Versamark
Dies: Sizzix/Tim Holtz - Scibbles & Splat
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Real Red; Vellum; Embossing Powder - Clear & Iridescent


I used the sketch from the current Fusion Challenge - FUSION#166 for the layout, and the colours are from CAS-ual Fridays Challenge - CFC#167 to use red, pink and white. I created my own text background with my MISTI. I placed all the sentiments in a line, and alternated grey and pink to stamp the text. I was able to ensure precise stamping using the grid paper which made moving the panel so easy. I adhered the finished panel direct to the card. I die cut the scribble heart from red card and embossed it with iridescent powder - love the subtle shimmer. I created the pink tag from vellum. I lightly inked the reverse with red ink. Once completely dry, I die cut the flag and then stamped the greeting in black and heat embossed with clear powder. I finished the tag by stamped a couple of hearts at the top in red. On the inside I cut a mat layer of red card. I kept the white panel really simple with a stamped heart and greeting.

Happy Anniversary inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Anniversary qs - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

That's all for now!

signature

6 comments:

Karren said...

This is so pretty! That glittery, scribbly heart is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.

Lindsey said...

Wonderful background - looks perfect! It's that Misti again! Love the subtle shimmer of the die cut heart xx

Sarah G said...

That text background is such a great idea and perfectly stamped, Deborah! Great design....I love the scribbly heart too :)

Jane said...

Fab background, bet that precision stamping took a while. Always love that you do insides too.

Judy1223 said...

Deborah, what a lovely anniversary card! I adore the inside design, and the front is fabulous, too! I especially love the background text you repeatedly stanped in soft colors...I thought it was a block stamp! Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week!

Jen W. said...

That sparkly, scribbly heart is so awesome, Deborah, and I love the sentiment on the vellum flag! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...