Wednesday 23 May 2018

TMR - Theme & DT Call ....

.... Morning! Before I get to details of our new challenge, I thought I'd let you know that we're having a Design Team call during this and the next challenge. If you're interested in joining us - check out the details at The Male Room blog.

Now moving to todayI'm here with my card for our new challenge at The Male Room - TMR#86. We have a fun theme for your masculine projects, we want you to feature GARDENING!!! I love a beautiful garden, but neither I nor my husband are gardeners. In fact, one of the first jobs I do when moving to a new house is finding a new gardener. So, as you can imagine, this was a real challenge for me, but I knew that somewhere in my stash I had some gardening stuff. Here's the card I made:

Beautiful Garden - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Docrafts - Garden Beauty
Inks: Gina K - Black Onyx, Moonlit Fog
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Docrafts DP - Go Green; Kanban Topper - Gardening; Copics; SU Card - Night of Navy


I've had the Kanban masculine pack (purchased from QVC) for a while and I found a page of gardening images. I decided to use the picture of tools - here hanging from a shelf that you can't see!! I mounted the image on some navy card. I cut a piece of aqua paper for the background. I stamped the watering can and plant pot in the corner, along with a sentiment - which I think it so true. I randomly stamped a trowel and fork (using second generation images) around the background and finished the front by adding the garden tool image. On the inside, I cut another piece of aqua paper and on the white panel added a greeting. I'm submitting this card to TIME OUT challenge - TOC#109 and also to Just Us Girls - JUGS#441.

Beautiful Garden inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsBeautiful Garden sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspirational projects showing the Gardening theme, do visit our blog to see more from the Design Team. You've got plenty of time to join in the fun - deadline for submission is midnight (BST) Tuesday 5th June, that's 7.00pm EDT. Have fun!!

signature

5 comments:

Nancy said...

The gardening images and sentiment are perfect together. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

cm said...

What a fabulous gardening card, Deborah! I could use a set of those tools to use in my new garden bed. It's not 'that' big, but I'm hoping to fill it with tomatoes (already planted), peas and carrots - need to see what will grow in this new location of ours. I love gardening -flowers and veggies. The lawn stuff, however: that's my husband's domain (or so I've decided *grin*).
Hugs~carol

cm said...

I forgot to add: thank you for sharing this masculine marvelous card in the Just Us Girls gallery!
Hugs~c

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Excellent card Deborah, love the topper and the sentiment.
Faith
x

Lisa Kind said...

Beautiful card and perfect for this time of the year! I’ll be gardening this weekend! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...