Friday 18 May 2018

Uniko Challenge - Photo Inspiration ...

.... Good morning! Time is flying by this month, we're already half-way through May. It does mean that it's time for our new challenge at Uniko - USC#47. For the next few weeks, we have a photo inspiration challenge for you, with the option of making your card a birthday card. I decided to skip the option and just use the photo for inspiration, here's my card:

Coffee & Friends - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Pure Florals Gerbera, I Love Coffee, Originally Organic Additions
Inks: Distress - Shabby Shutters, Crushed Olive, Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron, Worn Lipstick, Ripe Persimmon; Distress Oxides - Bundled Sage, Twisted Citron; Versmark; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Uniko - Gerbera Collection; Honey Bee - Coffee Cup Card
Accessories: Tim Holtz Watercolour Card; SU Card - Crumb Cake; White Lustre Card; White & Clear Embossing Powder; Copics


I really like this photo - it's so fresh and bright. I decided to focus on the leaf pattern on the suitcase and the pretty jug of flowers. I used my large coffee cup die to cut the card base (the finished card is 5 3/4" high x 3 3/4" wide) from watercolour card. I randomly stamped the outline leaf in Versamark and heat embossed with white powder. I used several shades of green distress ink directly on the card and spritzed with water to allow the inks to blend. I set the card aside to dry naturally. On a smaller piece of watercolour card, I stamped the large outline gerbera daisy, embossed it with white powder and inked it with a couple of shades of pink and orange. Once it was dry, I used the matching die to cut it out. I die cut the cup band from some kraft card, stamped on the sentiment and heat embossed it with clear powder. I added some more leaves to the band with the solid leaf image and used distress oxide inks which work perfectly on the coloured card. I cut the coffee lid from white card and attached the gerbera daisy to the lid. I used the coffee cup die to cut out a white card panel for the inside. I stamped the gerbera daisy in the corner, coloured it with Copic markers, returned it to my MISTI and restamped in black ink to give a crisp outline. I finished the inside by adding a simple sentiment.



In the photo above you can see the front of the card without the coffee cup band. I'm submitting this card to House of Cards - HOC#05 where they want us to make a shaped card, and also to Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies - HLSAGD#05. I hope you can see how my card relates to the inspiration photo.

For more inspiration with our new challenge to visit the Uniko blog to see cards from the rest of the Design Team and also from our guest designer, Sue.

That's all from me for now - see you again soon.

signature

7 comments:

Julie B said...

I agree with you on the photo and your card is so crisp and clean too. The colours you chose are so clean looking. The sun is out today and the grass is lush and waving in the breeze just like the photo! :)

Linda said...

This looks so cool .... love the decorated coffee mug. Great take on the challenge xx

cm said...

A beautiful coffee cup, Deborah; one that I'd love to have in real life! Sipping coffee from something so pretty would brighten rainy days (like the one we're having here...) and add more shine to sunny ones. A wonderfully inspired take on the photo! Thrilled, as well, to see you in the HLS Anything Goes with Dies gallery!
Hugs~carol

Izzy Scrap said...

Absolutely fabulous, Deborah ! What a clever design and take on this inspiration photo ! I love the gorgeous coffee cup (even if I'm a tea drinker ! ;-0) and the bold flower on top is the eye-catching final touch ! As usual the inside is as gorgeous as the front side. Love it ! Hugs x

Macimbalo said...

Wow this is so cool looking! I love that flower at the top and the inside is awesome too! All around an amazing creation! So happy you could share this with us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes w/ Dies Challenge and good luck!

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the House of Cards Challenge this time and good luck :)

Lindsey said...

Really fun idea with your shaped card. I love the vibrancy of the colours. Really cheering x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...